“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course.Building upon what you've already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them.Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they've ever taken.
What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- We do the rescue course over 3 days. The first day is a theory and introduction day. The second day we head to the pool in the morning to work through some of the exercises, then in the afternoon we head to the beach to practice. On the last day we are out on the boat going through the scenarios. This is we get to put you through your paces!
To enroll in the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must:
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Advanced certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses).